Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Flashback Tuesday You Know You're Doing Your Job When...

In creating this new blog, I've put aside the old one. With a small tear (my family has been known to call me, "The weeper", if that gives you any clue) and a sigh, I thought of all the writing I had published...more than 250 entries. There was so much of my writing there. And things that made me laugh, or whatever. So, I'm hoping not to bore my long-faithful readers, while entertaning my new ones with periodic repeats of old essays...and so I present my "Flashback Tuesday"

“You know you’re doing your job when…” originally published Summer '07


You know you're doing your job when you overhear your 5 year old teaching her brother about different kinds of families...complete with her own illustrations!

Case in point:

Overheard yesterday...

Girlie: "OK, now [Great One] I'm going to teach you about different kinds of families (she points to each illustration as she describes them).

Some families have a Mom and a Dad, like this...

Some have two Moms...

Some have two Dads...

Some have just one Mom,

Some have just one Dad

But they all have love..."



2 comments:

Bond said...

bring 'em back...some great stuff and this was one of the best

Just Margaret said...

awww, shucks...you flatter me, Bond! Thank you :)